A tool for chambers of commerce
How does a chamber of commerce attract people from abroad to its local fairs, exhibitions, and trade shows?
Imagine your chamber has an event to promote, and you’d like to increase attendance, and attract people from other cities and countries to the event. How do you that?
Do you hire an advertising agency to promote the event abroad? Do you buy advertising on Internet or in international newspapers and trade magazines?
In fact, most of chambers won’t be able to afford the cost of a national or international marketing. Even if they could, the impact may be well limited.
Surprisingly, chambers could overcome these limitations by joining forces through peer referral networks, where they recommend each other events.
Imagine a local chamber of commerce in Asia or in Africa which has an event to promote, and needs help to reach and attract people from other countries. With the GoodBuzz network, they will just log into the program and send referral requests to other chambers of commerce around the world. The chambers of commerce that find their event interesting will recommend it to their local contacts and businesses for Free.
It is a more simple, effective and affordable way for a chamber to promote its local business events and opportunities abroad.
Everything is done in one place, and there are more than 8 channels to recommend events: emailing, social medias (Facebook, twitter, Linkedin, etc.), blogs, flyers, etc.
Here are 3 simple steps to get started:
1. Create your account on www.goodbuzz.org
2. Select and join local or international networks of chambers
- Join the global network of chambers. this network will help you reach people all over the world.
- Join your national network of chambers of commerce. This network will help you reach people in other cities and regions of your country. If a national network is not yet created, start it and invite other chambers in your country to join.
- Join your regional chambers network (examples: European chambers of commerce Network, East Africa Chambers Network, etc. ). If a regional network is not yet created, start it and invite other chambers in your region to join.
- Create your city business referral network. It’s usually a network for local small businesses to share opportunities and to help each other promote their activities and events. If your city referral network is not yet created, start it and invite other local businesses to join.
3. Now, you are ready to Start your promotions: When you have an event to promote, log into the Goodbuzz program and send referral requests to the members of the networks you belong to. The members of the network who find your event interesting, will recommend it to their contacts for Free.