HOSPITALITY, n. The virtue which induces us to feed and lodge certain persons who are not in need of food and lodging. (Quote by – Ambrose Bierce)
You know, usually performance or conference or any other event can’t bring you the best results if you can’t suggest people good food, great accommodation, etc. Here is the only question – how to make people feel comfortable in your event?
- Never choose the worst service because of a low budget. If you can’t make everything perfectly today, maybe it is better to find the reasons of obstacles and to do your best in the future.
- Be sure that you know what people are coming to your event and what needs they have.
- If you have two days event, make a program for the evening. The best idea is to organize everyone into teams because it helps people to get acquainted with each other and as a result later you need fewer efforts to make people feel happy.
- If you have a possibility, never serve one dish for all the people. Let them choose at least from 3dishes.
- Be patient if somebody don‘t like some of your service. Remember that this person is your client. Be polite, do your best to let him feel better.
If you are an artist and you don’t have time or knowledge about event management, hire an events management company. But there are still some points which you have to know:
- You must have an idea of your performance/event/show/etc.
- You must know who will attend your event.
- You have to give them the main details about your event (what equipment you need, what expectations you have for the accommodation, food, etc.)
- When this company says that the job is done, check the result. They are responsible for the quality, but the event is yours and if something will go wrong, the only victim will be you.
So have a great new week! It was a pleasure to share my ideas with you one more time.